Monday, August 4, 2014

One Week! (again)

Coincidentally, Bare Naked Ladies are coming to perform this week in Springfield. 

We are about as ready as we will be. The hull is upside down in the workshop waiting on a few touch up spots. I have a few tweaks I'd like to take care of with the strut pivots and the rudder control. Everything else is going to run as is for the race. Any efforts to make it pretty now will not change performance. It is ready to roll. 

Dwayne is pumped. A little background on my connection with Dwayne:
We first officially met during the Race for the Rivers two years ago when I was testing out the Hobie for the first time. It was a windy day. It did not effect me as much as my brother in his sea kayak. It definitely effected Dwayne on his SUP. That weekend started my connection with the now defunct STL Sail and Paddle and came some time after his connection had ended. Following that race, Dwayne and I have caught up from time to time including a solid workout on bikes through Pere Marquette park. Dwayne, Tim, and I probably go back to a deeper connection from 2012 when we  finished the 340 in reasonable proximity. We may have shared time on the river side by side. Dwayne was a solo that year, but has also acted as ground crew for Shane Perrin in racing events as well as expeditions. He brings endurance, experience, and passion to the team. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment