Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

It has been a week since my successful finish of my first 50mile ultra. It has been a few since I updated the blog. Details will be sacrificed for a quick post. 

I have received the two belt drives and custom folding props that Rick has developed. I can't remember ever receiving something from Australia since the track and field trip to Sydney they send to almost EVERY high school runner (please enclose $10,000). 

Anyway, I was able to connect one of the drives to the gear box. It pedals smooth. Going with Rick on this was for convenience and knowing that I was going to have it quickly. The folding props are pretty amazing. They are folded back to keep the drag down when not pedaling, but the force of pedaling draws them to their perpendicular position to drive forward. 

Ok, now to our progress. While I was racing, Tim came over and sanded some of the main hull. After recovering a bit from the race, I was able to work through plotting, cutting, setup, and gluing the two pedestals; the rudder, and part of the wing. The pedestals and rudder will get some attention from the sander tomorrow as well as gluing the top to the wing. This should set us up to glass all three before I am forced to take a bit more time off next week. 

Meanwhile in middle Missouri, Jerico is setting up and welding the seat frames. 

More to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment