Saturday, May 10, 2014

The deck is glassed

I prepped this morning by cutting away the excess fiberglass. Then I carried the boat outside as I sanded and got the deck ready for fiberglass as well. The hull now weighs 76.4 pounds. After masking for the edge of the deck's glass, I carried it back into the garage and laid out the glass. I smoothed it out a few times, but it did not require much since it was off of a roll. 

Tim came over in the afternoon (after his paddle with his family) and we wetted out the glass with epoxy. It worked out well with only a few blemishes to touch up later. 

59 days until the start of the MR 340. Of course I would have likeed to be out in it training by now.  Considering our situation, I am satisfied with a hull and two stabilizers at this point. Jerico is rigging up some pedal stations for us. I will start work on the wing and pedistals this week and next. 

Production will take a break as I step into another milestone for me. Saturday May 17th, I am attempting and hopefully completing my first 50mile trail race. Training has gone well. I have eased off my miles this week and will continue to taper as the week goes on. I will take some time off of production heading into it as an effort to prepare for a big day of running. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment