Sunday, June 29, 2014

Big Sunday workday 6/23

After church, Rob and I got to work. After another sanding of the bottom of the hull, I flipped it and started resetting up the drives in their locations. I unwrapped the drive shafts and the connection to the couplings turned out well. I connected them to the gearboxes to confirm their location and clearance to the hull. After I was satisfied with the placement, Rob and I got all of the brackets Rick W. premade for me with the drives I recieved from him. I set in place with a locating screw. I then made the brackets for the lever arm that comes back from the drive mast to the pedestal. While I was working that out, Rob was filing a bevel on the edges of the brackets. After some great New York style pizza from Big Slice, we finished up the filing and the rudder mount placement. Once all of the locating screws were placed, I removed the drives and started setting up fiberglass for the bracket placement. We started fiberglass on the rudder placement. The process on all of these is simple: 1. Each has a countersink hole for the locating screw they also have 1-3 other holes to assist in bonding. 2. Wet out the area with epoxy. 3. lay one layer of  fiberglass down. 4. Locate the bracket with the screw. Ensure placement is correct. 5. Lay another piece of epoxy over the top. 

We then moved down and completed the front pedal station, pedestal lever arm mount; then worked on the middle station.

Seat braces are next and some armrest welding by Al tomorrow. After that, we are moving to plan B for the seat cover and should be set in a few days for its first voyage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment