Monday, June 30, 2014

Thank you! (Y'all, You-uns, You Guys...etc.)

I have already mentioned Rick, but I can't start a list of thank yous with out him. He is the designer, but also fabricated the drive masts along with several other components, offered his help and time, reads and responds to 3-12 emails a day, calculates a TON of data of what to expect out of the boat. 

Liz, allowing me to add a garage just to build this along with the time commitment of building it. She would have had more time with me if I wasn't also running ultras. She is a consistant soundboard and is continually encouraging, especially when I need it most. 

Henry: My boy doesn't quite understand how ridiculous this all is and probably expects to find a 30' boat in everyone's garage. He seems to find his way into the garage with hopes of helping. 

Tim and Rob have given an incredible amount of their own time for this process and made sure we would get there. 

Betsy, my coworker, has made her way over several times and helped me double my production in those days. 

Jason, my neighbor is good for an extra set of eyes for problem solving and can mix a great batch of epoxy. 

Jay, my brother, spent a good chunk of a weekend in Springfield sipping our way to a workable solution for my pitched garage floor as a workspace. 

Pat, my mother-in-law, spent two days working on the replacement seat material when the first option fell through. John, my father-in-law was prepping it all as we went. 

Steve sacrificed part of a spring break day on day three of the build to help he one of the stabilisers done.

Jerico set up my car with a way to transport this rig as well as the initial welds for the seats. He continues to show encouragement and faith in the progress. 

Al saved us with his welding. We have a way to mount the seats as well as the bonus of armrests. 

My parents have looked on with amazement and shared how proud they are. My Mom was the other half of the ground crew last year that served me across the state. They are always encouraging. 

I know there are countless more who have added to the process on the way using their ideas and skills. 

You have ALL made this possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment