Monday, June 30, 2014

Big week of progress

A strong week of work lead to a workable rudder, seats, and drive setup. Somehow we pressed through and got to the point of full testing on Friday. I am so glad that I decided to go with Rick Willoughby to fabricate the drive mast and other components, brackets, struts, and his signature folding props. It all came together smooth and required little adjustment. 

All of the brackets glassed on as planned and the multiple seat positions will work out for adjusting for each person from roughly 5'3-6'2". Of course it will depend on the individual. As we are running out of time, the third seat is a reclinable beach chair that we purchased. The benefit is having armrests that act as bed rails for when we are using it as a sleep seat. After the race, I will build a proper replacement. My mother in law sewed the seat covers for us. I placed grommets and laced them on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment